Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle plusFollow Me on Pinterestrss feedemail

iPhone 4S vs. iPhone 5

Oct 19, 2012

I know there's been a million different articles comparing the two phones and why you should buy the 5 and why you should wait for the 6, but I'm gonna write one anyway. First thing I'll let you know is that I'm in no hurry to upgrade to the 5 from my 4S. Why? Let me explain.

First, the iPhone 4S is fast as hell. My wife has the 5 and I can personally say that it is way faster than the 4S, but this needs to be put into perspective. I can't tell you exact specifications of how fast they are compared to each other but I can tell you what I see. When I load the exact same web page on each phone at the same time, the 5 loads it instantly (literally less than a second) and the 4S loads it almost instantly (probably about 2 seconds). So for me, a one second difference doesn't matter a whole lot. Yes I would love to have the 5, if i could get it for free, but I can't justify spending 200 bucks when I have a 4S. In 99% of all situations, 1 second won't matter. Even when downloading a song, it takes about 5 seconds longer to download on the 4S than it does on the 5. But it only takes about 30 seconds to download anyway.

Second, there aren't any hidden features in iOS 6 that you get on a 5 that isn't available on the 4S. Nothing. Not one.

Third, the camera hasn't changed. I figured this would have been one of the "many" new features to the 5 so I was very surprised to find out that nothing had changed. Yes, the front facing camera is 1.2MP now supports 720p HD video recording, but honestly, nobody uses that. Big deal.

Fourth, all my accessories are useless. OK, that's kind of a stretch since they do sell an adapter for $30 but why should I have to spend another $30 for it? Considering the phone costs $200 and is the best selling phone EVER, you think they'd do you the favor and include it. Or have some sort of program where existing iPhone users get a free one. Everyone has some sort of iPhone/iPod docking station. I can't tell you how easy or hard it is to use on certain devices since my wife and I have yet to buy one but I can;t imagine it works very well on every accessory.

Now as much as I can justify not buying a new iPhone 5 if you already have the 4S, I'm not gonna lie, I will get the 5 at some point whenever I get around to selling my 4S. The ONLY reason, is because I want the latest and greatest technology. I can certainly guarantee I'll be selling my iPad 2 when the iPad 4 comes out. But that's a story for another time. All said and done, for someone who has a 4S and isn't a tech brat like myself, there's no need to upgrade. "The best thing to happen to iPhone since iPhone". Sorry but that was the iPhone 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment